When making a reservation for 30 consecutive nights or more in a Cluster, Apartment, or 15 consecutive nights in Dormitory Housing you agree to the terms outlined on this page and applicable links.
Dormitory and Cluster living is a community situation and requires that all residents behave in an appropriate manner. This is an academic environment and all residents are expected to commit themselves to this endeavor.
Dormitory Meal Plan
If you live in a dormitory then you agree to take part in a mandatory meal plan and understand that no refunds will be given for unused funds on this plan.
Additional Residence Dollars can be purchased in any of the University Food Services Outlets (in $25 or $50 increments) or any denomination at University Food Services Main Office. Only funds added to the Residence Meal Plan are eligible for a refund. Any amount added that exceeds $50 qualifies for a refund. All refunds subject to a $25 admin charge.
By choosing to live on campus for 30 consecutive nights or more you agree to abide by our Community Standards which include:
- Behavioural Expectations
- Individual Rights
- Personal Safety
- Fire Safety
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Health and Wellness
- Enforcement procedures
- Appeal Process
- reserves the right to change a room assignment with 48 hours notice prior to arrival
- may enter your room under the following conditions:
- 24 hours notice has been given for a reasonable purpose of entry;
- you request maintenance/repairs;
- you agree at the time of entry;
- you have vacated/abandoned the room;
- the staff member has reason to believe an emergency exists.
By paying the deposit you agree to:
- the conditions outlined in the "Terms of Service" for ResNet which can be found at the Computer Help Desk;
- be responsible for the cleanliness of your bedroom and/or cluster common areas including kitchen, bath and living rooms;
- any incident involving you, the guest, which requires additional custodial, security, or maintenance work may result in cleaning, replacement and/or repair charges to you associated with damage to any University property. Charges will be applied to the credit card provided on file;
- to be evicted immediately if you possess, use, exchange or sell illicit drugs;
- not sublet or assign your room to another person;
- not change rooms without the approval of Residence Services;
- not have a waterbed or water-filled furniture in your room or any other area in housing;
- not change any residence or University facility, furniture or equipment into, or out of, your room or a common living area;
- not bring a bicycle or motorcycle into any building. Bicycles must be stored in lockers or storage rooms as provided;
- not conduct any commercial enterprise from your room or any other area of housing;
- smoking is only permitted in designated smoking areas on campus. Smoking is not permitted in any Residence Services building. A cleaning fee of $250.00 will be charged to your account to cover the cost of cleaning and extra housekeeping services. Charges will be applied to the credit card provided on file;
- pets of any kind are not permitted within any of the guest accommodations, with the exception of a certified guide animal;
- not bring dangerous weapons, firearms, any form of explosive, fireworks, hazardous chemicals, propane tanks or gasoline into Residence or Cluster housing or immediate vicinity;
- be responsible for the actions and conduct of your guests.
Deposit and Payment
A $200 deposit is required within 7 days of receiving a housing offer. The deposit will be applied to the balance due.
Full payment is due when you check in.
Notice of cancellation must be received a minimum of 7 days prior to arrival to avoid forfeiting the $200 deposit.
Failure to show up on the arrival date will result in cancellation of the room and forfeit of the $200 deposit.
If you leave prior to 30 nights (for Cluster) or 15 nights (Dormitory bedroom) you will be charged for the full number of nights.